Monday, September 12, 2011

The Plan

The swallow study didn't happen on Friday, we rescheduled it for October 27th. The OT we see in clinic at CMH said Faith is doing really well but wants to wait one more month. IF Faith was to fail this test we would have to wait 12 months before retaking the test, due to the amount of radiation she will be receiving. We want to take no risks and just pray she will pass this test next month! We have been giving her some baby foods and thickened water to start with. We must be careful that she is not aspirating any fluid that is going into for mouth.

This Friday Faith will be having a follow-up MRI (Sept. 16). The last MRI she had showed fluid up and down the whole spine. If there was a collection of fluid where the spine wouldn't be able to handle it then she could lose mobility in her limbs. PRAISE TO THE LORD, she is still moving all around! Those arms and legs go everywhere! :) She is rolling from side to side and sitting up some on her own, not to long but she is sitting. Faith's appointment is at 7am. CMH called and said to pack a bag just in case we would need to stay the night there on Friday night. Faith will have to be put under anesthesia to have the MRI done. The hospital will have to monitor her and make sure she is acting normal before sending her home. Pray we won't have to stay the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment