Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Now We Wait....

Dr. Hornig (neurosurgery) stopped by yesterday to tell me he will not be doing anything about Faith's shunt. He went on to explain that after placing the shunt (at birth) her ventricles became a "healthy small". Now that they have more fluid in them they are a little more "plump" and still a healthy size. Dr. Hornig comes into Faith's room everyday to check her fontinel (soft spot). If the fontinel is enlarged or full then the shunt has stopped working and would need to be replaced. This is not the case for Faith, her fontinel feels perfect!

Elizabeth and I went and saw Faith today while Mason was at preschool. I spoke with the entourage of Doctors on Faith's case and they said since Faith has started to cough some and has a lot less secretions (saliva) in her throat, nose and mouth, they would feel better if we waited until next week to proceed with the plan of placing the trache and g-tube. I am really praying that through this experience God's light will be shown to the Doctors. We serve an awesome God! So, we will wait and pray for Faith over the next week to see if she will continue to progress with in the area.

Thanks for all your prayers and support.

                             From Today's Visit! 11 weeks 1 day and 9.9 lbs

1 comment: